10 Jul, 23Admin
04 Jul, 23Admin
Our food should be our medicine, and our medicine should be our food.
A well-balanced diet is vital to lead a healthy life. Unfortunately, for most of us, the concept of a balanced diet has yet to reach our plates, resulting in us missing essential micronutrients.
Micronutrient deficiencies are estimated to affect 2 billion people worldwide.
In addition, nearly fifty per cent of children worldwide under the age of 5 suffer from minerals and vitamin deficiencies. Reports from the Consumer Health Division of Bayer show that over two million people are affected by Micronutrient deficiency. Half of these individuals are in India. (Source)
Hair mineral analysis is a valuable method for detecting micronutrient deficiencies at an early stage. In addition, it is a diagnostic tool that has gained popularity in recent years to assess overall health status.
This test is non-invasive and cost-effective. It analyses the mineral content of a person's hair. This analysis helps detect mineral imbalances, heavy metal toxicity, and nutritional deficiencies.
The tests yield helpful information about a person's mineral levels. Minerals are essential for a variety of bodily processes. Hair mineral analysis can detect mineral and micronutrient deficiencies. This blog throws light on the process of hair mineral analysis in detail.
Hair is an excellent medium for analyzing nutrient status as the minerals in your body accumulate in the hair shafts. Hair mineral analysis is a simple test that can be done quickly in the comfort of your house.
● A portion of your hair is cut from the nape of your neck, sealed and packed well using the sterile kit and sent to the lab for testing.
● Your hair is tested using ICPM mass spectrometer, a highly sophisticated computer-controlled measuring instrument.
● The dissolved hair sample is burned at high temperatures. As a result, every mineral has its light spectrum or frequency. The measuring instrument's sensitive detectors pick up this frequency.
● Our experts then generate a report containing information on mineral deficiencies and excess.
● The report provides information on wellness tips and supplements to improve mineral imbalance.
Micronutrient deficiency diseases are plenty. Malnutrition is a major cause of micronutrient deficiency. The following are the common signs of micronutrient deficiency.
● Feeling tired all day: If you are feeling weak or exhausted, there are chances you might have anaemia. Anaemia occurs when there is a reduced amount of red blood cells in the body. Low levels of minerals, such as iron, folate, vitamin B12 and A, cause it.
● Hair loss is a common symptom of micronutrient deficiency. Lack of zinc and iron in the body can be a contributing factor.
● Frequent Mouth Ulcers: Mouth ulcers often occur due to iron or vitamin B deficiency. Mouth ulcers could also cause a loss of appetite.
● Bleeding gums can occur for various reasons. One is an improper toothbrushing technique. Another can be due to a vitamin C deficiency. This happens when people don't eat enough fresh fruits and vegetables.
The hair analysis test from Ginerva can rectify these mineral imbalances and help revive your health.
● Identifying nutrient deficiencies: Hair mineral analysis can reveal deficiencies of essential minerals like calcium, magnesium and zinc, significantly impacting your health. Your healthcare provider can make dietary changes to address these deficiencies. They may also prescribe supplements to correct the deficiencies.
● Nutritional Supplements: Hair mineral analysis identifies specific minerals deficiencies in the body. This information helps develop an appropriate supplement regimen to improve mineral levels in the body. Nutritional supplements can give the body the required minerals to achieve optimal levels.
● Dietary changes: Dietary changes is essential to improve mineral levels. For instance, calcium levels can be improved by increasing the intake of calcium-rich foods like dairy products, leafy greens, and fish.
● Lifestyle changes: The HMA report suggests various lifestyle changes and wellness tips that could help prevent the cause of mineral imbalance and eventually save you from severe lifestyle disorders, including diabetes and thyroid. For example, getting enough sunlight exposure could increase vitamin D levels in the body, essential for calcium absorption. Regular exercise can also improve mineral levels by increasing bone density and improving overall health.
Get your hair mineral analysis test kit. Then, make changes to your diet according to your report.
You will find all the guidance you need to balance your nutrient levels in our HMA report. In addition, the report gives clear insights into action plans you need to take to correct your mineral imbalances.
Suppose you have concerns about a specific disorder or health condition. Then, it is advisable to consult a specialist in the relevant field. They can interpret your HMA report and provide suitable treatment plans.
At Ginerva, we offer the best hair mineral analysis test. This test thoroughly checks your body's minerals. It also provides strategies to improve your overall health.
Early detection is the key to the prevention of disease. So we have left no leaf unturned to help devise the simplest way to keep a check on your health score. All you need is to send some of your hair, and we will give you complete insight into your health.